Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pears


So 5 days down on our little experiment. We've stuck to the diet and I've begun to notice some changes. Les foggyness and more energy, but we're both hungry all the freakin' time! It's not really hunger though, more desire for variety. I have come up with a few lovely meals to help us get bye. Even more importantly we've been making lots of pear smoothies.

If you plan on trying an elimination diet I strongly suggest that before you begin you prep the pear for this smoothy, you'll be so glad you did.

Pear smoothie:

Ingrediants
- pears, pealed and frozen (we pealed, cubed and froze lots of pears, stored them in zip locks so we would have them on hand whenever we craved a treat)
- water or rice milk (depending on what version of the diet you are on)

Throw ingrediants in a blender and puree until smooth. I prefer mine without the rice milk, but it does have the benefit of keeping you full for a longer period of time.

1 comment:

Carnival said...

Did you say pear smoothies???

Ok - I WILL be trying this recipe. I'm already addicted to mango smoothies, but I'm gonna switch it up because I've never heard of a pear smoothie before. Thanks!