Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finally full


I have to admit I've been hungry since we started this diet. As yummy as carrot sticks and rice cakes are they just aren't very satisfying.

Good news is I've found a pasta that we can eat, it's made with nothing but rice and water. So here's the best recipe I've been able to come up with so far that meets the requirements of our allergy exclusion diet.

Pasta sans allergies

Ingredients:
- rice pasta
- chicken
- carrots
- parsley (minced)
- olive oil
- salt (I use fleur de sel, but any nice salt will do)
- pepper

Start by cooking the chicken, I grill my chicken, but prepare it as you like. Next I start the pasta as it usually takes about 10 minutes to cook. While your pasta is boiling away julienne your carrots then cook them. I usually add mine to the pan my chicken is cooking in, but they will turn out quite nicely sautéed in a bit of olive oil over a medium heat until lightly brown and tender.

Strain the pasta and return it to the pot, add olive oil, parsley, carrots, salt and pepper and mix it all together. I like to chop up my chicken and add it to the mix, but it is also quite nice served on the side.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

That looks sooooooooooo good ! I'll copy it. I'll make it with regular pasta, but the whole chicken and sauce just sounds too good.

I just ate and Im hungry again. YOUR FAULT =P

petits bijoux said...

I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping in.

Rosebud Collection said...

Boy, that does look mighty tasty..

ThePeachTree said...

It looks delicious! I love gemelli style as well :)

ThePeachTree said...

Well, now I'M hungry :) I'm starting to get that winter hunger that makes you just want to fill up and hibernate..